Picture this: it’s your first night in your new home. You are tired, and you just want to have a snack and take a shower and go to bed.
The problem is that the only food you can find is the cereal on the floor of your car, the only thing you have to dry yourself off with is a roll of paper towels left by the previous homeowners and you can only find the crib sheets.
Here’s our must-have-on-hand list for moving day!
- Water — put plenty of water bottles in the refrigerator
- Snacks that don’t require utensils, heating or refrigeration
- Disposable plates, bowls, utensils
- Napkins and paper towels
- Keys (have an extra set made)
- Charging cords
- Toilet paper
- A bucket of cleaning essentials
- Trash bags
To get through the first few days in your new home, you’ll want to have the following on hand:
*Pro tip: pack like you are going out of town for the weekend. Use suitcases to make things easier.
- Bedding - pillows, blankets, something to sleep on (mattress on the floor works just fine).
- All of the things that help your kids go to sleep.
- Curtains — if you can manage to get some curtains up right away, even if they are temporary, it will help a lot. It will also prevent any awkward new introductions to your neighbors.
- Shower curtains.
- PJs and a change of clothes for the next few days.
- A few new surprise toys for the kids.
- Hand towels and bath towels.
- Toiletry bag (pick up a few travel toiletry packs).
- Laundry basket.
The first few days of a move can be stressful, but the service providers at Zaarly can help! From unpacking and organizing to getting all of the furniture assembled and your photos hung, Zaarly will make sure your house feels like a home.
ReeceNichols has partnered with Zaarly to make sure you get the best service experts for all of your summer home projects! Ask your ReeceNichols agent for a $50 promo code to use on your first project!
Sign up for Zaarly. It's free!
Zaarly is not available in all areas. Ask your ReeceNichols agent for full details.